Asafoetida Powder or hing makes for an indispensable part of the Indian cuisine, especially in curries and dals. It used in traditional medicine. Considering its therapeutic and curative powers, asafoetida is also referred to as the Food of the Gods.
Asafoetida Powder or hing makes for an indispensable part of the Indian cuisine. It used in traditional medicine. Hing is referred to as the Food of the Gods. It has high therapeutic and curative powers. Hing is a latex gum extracted from ferula herb. It has carminative, anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, sedative and diuretic properties.
Asafoetida Powder Health Benefits
It is an age-old medicine for stomach problems including gas, bloating, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), intestinal worms and flatulence; thanks to its antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory properties. Hing relieves respiratory disorders like asthma, bronchitis and dry cough. It helps in relieving chest congestion and releasing phlegm.
Asafoetida is a natural blood thinner and may help in lowering blood pressure levels. It has a compound called coumarin that aids in improving blood flow thereby preventing the formation of clots. Hing helps in alleviating the menstrual pain and cramps in the lower abdomen and back. It boosts progesterone secretion which promotes easy blood flow and provids relief from pain. Asafoetida has anti-inflammatory properties that reduce inflammation of the blood vessels in the head which in turn reduces headaches.
Asafoetida Powder Uses
- You can add it into gravies and dals. Or you can dissolve some in water and drink it daily to cure any stomach related problems.
- You can prepare a paste using asafoetida and water and apply on your chest to get relief from chest congestion.
- You can mix asafoetida and dry ginger powder along with some honey. Consume this mixture to get relief from respiratory issues.
- Mix a pinch of asafoetida, fenugreek powder and a pinch of salt in a cup of buttermilk. Consume this solution during periods to get relief from pain.
- Boil a pinch of asafoetida in some water. Drink this solution a couple of times in a day to see effective results for headaches.
- Mix garlic and hing into a paste and apply on the affected area to cure insect bites.
- Mix multani mitti, rose water along with a dash of hing apply it on the affected area to clear acnes.